PhiContour is permanent make-up for lip pigmentation and eyeliner. Clients get to choose the colour for the lips and the shape for the eyeliner. The eyeliner can be applied on the top and bottom of the eyelids and with or without a wing, depending on the client’s preference. The lips can be enlarged a little with PhiContour, but not too much. The treatment can be performed on any client unless she is taking certain medications or has certain medical conditions. We cannot treat clients who have haemophilia, diabetes, hepatitis, skin diseases and eczema, some allergies, during pregnancy or if the client is taking strong blood thinning medication (unless she provides a certificate from her doctor). Caution is advised with the lips: if the client has herpes, she should take her medication a few days beforehand and some days after, as the procedure with a fever blister hurts a lot and the colour usually fades afterwards.
What should one consider before the PhiContour treatment?
- You should have no wounds in the area to be treated (lips or eyes).
- You should not drink coffee or energy drinks on the day of the treatment, otherwise you will bleed more during the treatment and it will also be more difficult to introduce the colour pigments permanently.
- Unfortunately, we cannot use all colours on dark lips, as this can cause hyperpigmentation.
What should I pay attention to during the PhiContour treatment?
- Is everything clean and disinfected? The needles, the machine, the work surface, etc.
- The permanent make-up is drawn on with a pencil so that the client can look at it before the treatment really starts; if it fits, then the treatment begins.
What do I have to take care of after the treatment?
- You are given an ointment for aftercare, usually Skin Candy Aftercare Balm in our salon, although Vaseline works well in a pinch or if you have allergies.
- For eyeliner, you should use the cream 2 times a day.
- For lips, which need more oil, apply cream every 1.5 – 2 hours for the first two days, depending on how dry and swollen the lips are; after that, apply 3 – 4 times a day for 10 – 14 days
- It is best not to eat spicy food for the first 2 days.
- Do not use make-up for 2 weeks after the treatment.
- Do not go to the swimming pool or sauna for 2 weeks after the treatment to prevent the treated area from becoming infected.
- Cosmetic products such as tonics should also be used with caution during the healing phase.
- During the healing process, the first layer of the PMU will peel off, so it is normal for the colour to fade.
- You can have a touch-up 1 month after the treatment if you want a darker colour or if the colour has become uneven.
Have we caught your interest? Then why not book an appointment here!